Not everyone had a happy Independence Day this year. Chicago’s violence claimed the life of a little boy. He was watching fireworks, an American tradition, when he was gunned down. Now his family mourns.
Oh, and here are the headlines from Syracuse, NY, my home town, from the past weekend.
4TH OF JULY SHOOTINGS
- Syracuse man killed over July 4th weekend predicted shooting on Facebook
- July 4 celebrations disrupted by more shootings in 1 weekend than Syracuse police chief has ever seen
- Police identify man killed in 11th shooting in Syracuse over July 4th weekend
- Update: 11th person shot in Syracuse at the end of a violent Fourth of July weekend
- Violence spikes in Syracuse: 10 people shot in less than 24 hours over Fourth of July weekend
American cities, which have been run by liberals for decades, now resemble war zones. These are places where children aren’t safe walking down the street. But where is the outrage? It’s reserved for the police who try to keep the streets safe, people who want to give parents a choice of where they send their kids to school, law-abiding gun owners, Christians who don’t want to participate in gay weddings, and entrepreneurs who don’t want to invest in communities plagued by violence.